Tuesday 7 June 2011

Cornstalk Crafts

Hello everyone !  Cornstalk Crafts began in September 2010, with just a flat table with handmade crafts. Now we have lots of items - and you can't believe how much fun it is to attend craft shows. There's a sense of camaraderie amongst crafters, that you make new friendships all the time! When I find out how to put pictures on here - I'll put some on !  As you can see - I found out !!!!

This was our very first stall - and, looking back,  I can't believe how messy it was! Everything piled up, nothing priced - more like a jumble sale than handcrafts! I cringe when I look at this picture.  Now look at the difference...


The stall is now so inviting! Richard, bless him, spent so much time in the garage building the raisers, and sawing up the banner poles, which he cleverly constructed to fit the raisers, giving the stall added height and room to hang the banner and garlands, etc. I ( Sheila)  made bunting, which cost pennies, because I used left-over fabrics and bias binding.  The completed stall is now covered with a long black tablecloth, overlaid with a shorter gold one - the effect is just lovely!  Our overworked printer is put into action for the labels, boxes and bags. We DO try to make EVERYTHING on the stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment